Thoughtfully

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 5 March 2014

CQJP 2014

I'm afraid I'm still struggling with this. Whilst I liked the hexagon I made for January I stiil wasn't satisfied. I really want to make a simpler hanging with those fabrics, so that they look more like a stained glass window.

Soooo ... back to the drawing board :S

One of my main problems is that I always want to run before I can walk :(  I've decided to take a more sensible course of action, learn from the experts :)
Having gone back to my stash and chosen the fabrics I wanted to use including a remnant of Moda's Oasis (don't you love remnant baskets?) I then went to SharonB's blog and used a couple of the templates for piecing blocks that she very kindly shared with us.





This is where I hit a blank wall. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do ... but no idea how to exectute it :(

Then suddenly Mary Ann provided the solution! Kathy at Shawkl is offering a free beginners class in Crazy Quilting..... YAY!

The sign up for this closes on the 6th March so if you want to join I'm afraid you'll have to hurry.

This does mean that I'm behind on my CQJP2014 ... but I haven't given up, I may just have to submit two blocks in March! (looks guiltily at Kathy).



3 comments:

  1. You see so many people doing crazy quilting and it seems so easy but it's not. I'm really looking forward to Kathy's class:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will enjoy Kathy`s course, her book is very good too, I got it through amazon, mind you i have 6 crazy books and have just ordered another one!! Re the running I suspect there are a lot of us out there that do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to the class too, I also have her book and the templates in it are very good, I just don't know where to start lol

    ReplyDelete